Thanks for using healthcare magic.
Following some simple sleep hygiene
measures will help you improve your sleep:
- Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
- Your bedroom should be quiet, dark, and relaxing. Make sure your bed is comfortable and use it only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV, or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers, and other "gadgets" from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
- Avoid tea ,coffee , cigarettes for at least 4-6 hours before going to bed.
- Avoid strenuous exercise at least 4 hours before sleep.
- Relaxation techniques
like yoga, meditation
can help with sleep problems.
If your problem persists , I would not recommend taking any medication over the counter. Chronic sleep disturbance can result from a number of reasons like maladaptive life style , stress, alcohol, depression
. If lifestyle changes do not help you with your sleep problem, evaluation and management of the cause is necessary.