Slammed head on wall, developed a huge lump with bruise, feel extremely tired. Suggestion?

My son just slammed his head on the edge border near the bottom of the wall. He immediate started crying, but a huge long lump appeared with a bruise and redness on the front of his forehead . It is a soft thick lump. He is acting normal just all of a sudden extremely tired. I put ice on the lump for as long as he would allow and it seems to look like it went down a tiny bit. Is this something that should be seen?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013