Signs of miscarriage, bleeding gradually getting severe, mild stomach pain, positive pregnancy test. What does it mean?

Since the 11/01/13 i have been showing signs of miscarriage , woke up that morning with like a brownish colour blood on my pad so i took the pad off and put a clean one on, i was fine for most of the morning until it happend again in the afternoon the bleeding continued well 14/01/13 and the bleeding has become worse and more red with like little to medium sized blood clots i have a little pain in my stomach but nothing to major how long does it take to fully miscarry and when would my hormoan levels drop enough to get a negative result rather than a positive as i decided to take a test today just for the sheer hell of it and to my suprise it came up positive within a matter of seconds please can you help me with my queries
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013