Shooting pain in back, on a trampoline, soreness, pain while sleeping

Hi, 3 months ago I was on a trampoline with some of my friends and I landed strangely on my friend s leg resulting in a shooting pain in my back. I couldn t move and it was the worst pain I have ever been in. I slept with a heating pad and thought I d let my body heal itself. And after a few weeks, I felt a bit better. The soreness was still there, but there wasn t a shooting pain. However, it s coming back. I can t do a push up without it hurting and I can t twist my upper body around. But most of the pain occurs when I try to sleep . I can t seem to find any position that is comfortable and end up waking up most of the night due to my pain. Is it time to see a doctor? I need help please!
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012