Sharp pain in left knee, starts up when going to bed. Taking Advil and Tylenol. Cause for pain?

Hi Dr. Christensen .... I was reading about the man that was asking why his knee aches at night and was wondering if he found out why this was happening and if he overcame this. I m going through this now, again just at night when I go to bed, after a few minutes regardless of what position I m lying the sharp pain in my left knee (mostly on the inside) starts up. Ive been taking advil and at times tylenol , it helps for awhile but not always through the night. Thank You
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013