Sharp and intense pain in hand, tenderness. Is it something serious?

I got kicked on the outside of the hand over three weeks ago playing football. Whilst it doesn t hurt continuously, I get very sharp, intense pain when I push down with that side of my hand and tenderness when touching the area. The main pain seems to be in the gap between the pisiform carpal and the ulna (from looking at hand images - apologies for the assumptions), though less tenderness is felt further up towards my little finger . It tends to hurt also when I m lifting even relatively light weights. There is no noticeable swelling or bruising but the pain hasn t lessened in the three weeks and I m just wondering whether there is anything more serious than simply bruising to the impact area.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013