Pain in hand, taken antibiotics, darker hand

Thought I was bit last night by a spider but never saw it just had a pain in my hand . Went to doc this morning bc it was bruised about the size of a quarter but no real swelling or bite mark just makes my hand sore. He said its probably a busted blood vessel and gave me antibiotics just in case it got worse. Now it been 24 hrs and still is making my hand sore, not any bigger and just a little bit more dark.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
PAin in the hand can be due to bite of any insect.IT can be due to infection associated with inflammation .
Apart from antibiotics,you need anti inflammatory medicine.
It will come down.
Do not worry
Wish you good health