Sexually active, having UTI symptoms. How to get rid from this anxiety?

I m 18. Sexually active for the first time with one guy who was a virgin before me too. I have had reoccurring uti symptoms for a while. I want to tell my gynecologist this but I m deathly afraid of getting examined in my private area. I m so uncomfortable I get anxiety over the fact that one day I need to get an exam. If I tell my doctor everything is it likely they will want to do an exam? I know that once you start having sex you should get an exam but I m way to nervous and I ve heard that being nervous during an exam can make it hurt and lengthen the exam. I m scared but I need to tell the doctor I m active.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013