Sexually active. Off birth control. Bleeding for few weeks, have bad cramps. What could be causeing this?

I have been SLOOOWLY bleeding for 2 weeks. I am sexually active, was on birth control back in January. i am off now because i want kids. i am 23 and never had a normal period . i have been to the doctor, but nothing has been clear on what is causeing this. My problem with periods is NOT having them. and when i do i have BAD cramps and heavy bleeding. this period has been super slow. only using liners, and it has been over 2 weeks. what could be causeing this?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012