Severely deaf with just 2% hearing left in both ears. Hearing aids are not really doing. Medical cure for this?

I am going into surgery tomorrow to have bones worked on in my Ear. I don't know exactly what the doctor will be doing. I am severly deaf with just 2% hearing left in both ears. Hearing aids are not really doing the job for me anymore. I recently changed doctors and my new Doctor said that he can do reapir, while my Old ( Old ) doctor said their was nothing that could be done. I recently had a good hearing test done and the report that was sent to my new doctor said that I had mixed hearing loss. My doctor says that he may be able to improve my hearing by 30% by doing this operation. How long is the recovery for this, how great are the risk. I only saw my doctor last Thursay for the first time and we did not get a chance to talk much about the surgery. I will not see him again until tomorrow at the hospital.

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013