Severe stomach pain and delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of miscarriage?

Hi, I had all the symptoms of pregnancy just not a positive test. A week after I was supposed to start my period I finally did. The day I started it my blood was brown which is normal for me, but my stomach was killing me and I couldn t move. The next day I had a long string of blood that had a sac looking thing at the end and my stomache stopped hurting. The string was about 3 to 4 inches long. Could this have been a miscarriage?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012