Severe shoulder pain with a feeling of fluid under skin that is oozing. What should be done?

my husband has severe pain in his left shoulder and it is red and feels like there is fluid under the skin. 2 or 3 years ago he had a similar complaint . His shoulder exploded and awful smelly fluid did come gushing out and ran for a few days . My husband is bedridden and I cannot get him to a doctor s office, but his doctor thought it might be staph infection after consulting with me and seeing a picture of the opening where the fluid came out. A VISITING NURSE showed me what to do to pull the remaining fluid out( using a wet to dry bandage . He got over that and has been fine until the last several days of pain and now the swelling and apparent fluid build-up. Any thoughts and what can I do? E-mail address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013