Severe pain in lower abdomen. Done CT scan, shows blockage in intestine. Mucous string in bowels. Could I have a parasite?

I had a colonoscopy Dec 17th, all good.Dr said come back in 10 yrs. then, 4 days later, starting having horrible lower abdominal pains, this has went on for at least a week, Went to ER, cat scan shows no blockage in intestines. Have noticed white mucousy strings in BM. could I have a parasite? taking simethecone to help with intense gas pressure but once wears off still in discomfort
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013