Severe itching in private area over the hair region, masturbation habit, not sexually active. What is the reason?

Hi, I am a female aged 29yr old. Lately my private part area where most of the hair is located is kind of itchy and it get more and more itchy throughout the day and night. No matter how i wash it with water and normal soap it just won t help. Recently my boyfriend and i have masturbation together but we do not have sex and over the past 8years i do not have sex and i wonder why? Can you help?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
hello clivelow99,
from the history provided by you suggest it could be a fungal infection over the region. also the sweat (if in excessive amount) in the area causes severe itching. your itching may be relieved with topical application of antifungal cream, cleaning the area off the hairs using a depilatory cream, also use of synthetic or satin inner-wears should be avoided instead cottons ones should be preferred for the proper air.
regards,
Dr. Rooma Ramnani