Severe itching on the penis. Had protected sex. Reason?

Hello there, i m having a serious itch in my penis the last two days, i had my first sex 1 and half week ago, it was a protected sex , but i was ok all that time it just started 2 days ago, specially after i had masturbation and now it doesn t go away, when i urinate it increases more and if i squeeze my penis or hold it tight i can feel it itches more. i m 24 years old... please help
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

It could be a urinary tract infection. It may or may not be related to your sexual contact. Many times the urinary tract infection can present as itch rather than burning. Get your urine checked for culture and sensitivity. If needed you may need antibiotic as well. Until then drink plenty of water.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.