Severe cramping in the lower abdomen. Feeling dizzy and swelling in abdomen. Protein in urine. Chances of kidney stone?

My mother had a sudden onset of quite severe cramping in her lower middle abdomen. She felt faint and dizzy and had trouble walking. She went to the Doctors and they did a urinary test which had blood in it but which has come back negative for an infection. There were proteins in the urine which were not meant to be there. She has had bloods done but they results have not come back yet. Her stomach is swollen and sore to the touch. I'm annoyed that nothing more has been done, she is keeping the pain at bay with painkillers. She has had normal bowel movements and hasn't had nausea or vomiting. Could this possibly be a kidney stone, kidney cyst or something else entirely. I'm annoyed about the fact nothing has been done in terms of urgency as she is in a bit of discomfort.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013