Severe burning sensation while urination after delivery. Creams didn't help. Relief?

Hi. I just had my baby on Sunday morning.. And was told that when I pee it d burn .. And yes it does. But it s gotten so bad that I can t stop it from burning and it really hurts like crazy!! I cry it hurts so bad. I ve tried creams and they don t help. I have to put wet wipes in my underwear on my pad to make the burning settle a bit. What do u suggest I do?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Mar 2014

I am sorry that you are in so much agony.
There are two possible reasons for this.
1. A urine infection. These are not uncommon after delivery. For this you will need to get a urine examination done and then some antibiotics like norfloxacin after prescription usually help in providing quick relief. Along with this you must drink plenty of water to help flush any bacteria in urine.
2. The second possibility is that there may be a small tear around the vaginal opening or inside that hurts when urine touches it. For this you must see your post natal care provider, preferably your gynec and have yourself examined.

I hope I was able to help you.
Take care and get well soon.