Severe bleeding after getting colonoscopy done. Should I be worried?

I had a colposcopy exactly 2 weeks ago. The bleeding/spotting was subsiding. This afternoon all of a sudden it started bleeding so much it went through my trousers. Needless to say I quickly went to the toilet to clean up the mess and a very large chuck of blood (approximately 2 by 3cm) came out! I m still bleeding quite a lot, having to change pads every hours. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Should I go to the ER or wait until morning to see my GP? Should I still go to work tomorrow?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012