Sensitive throat, persistent cough and cold, prescribed Augmentin, Planokuff-D. Should I start them on Levolin ?

Hi, My three and half year old twins ( 22 kgsand 25 kgs )have a sensitive throat and havea persistant cough and cold which keeps them awake at night and sometimes the cough makes them throw up, especially when they lie down. When its accompanied by fever or chest congestion, they are usually prescribed Augmentin Duo or DDS and it settles down. They compelted an antibiotic course on Feb 15th and Feb 20th they started with cough and cold again. I have been giving them Planokuff-D ( Antihsitamine, Decongestant ) and T Minic for the last 10 days regulary but it has gotten worse. There is no fever but they have been coughing through the day and night with no relief. what should I give them? SHould i start them on Levolin and if yes, what are the side effects? I am concerned with the long term side effects of giving these medicines perpetually.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013