Sensation of something sharp stuck in throat, pain on swallowing, on the right side of throat opening. What could it be?

For at least a couple weeks now, I occasionally have the feeling that there is something sharp in my throat when i swallow . It sort of feels like there is something sharp stuck there, but my Mom and I did not see anything wrong last week when we looked. It feels like it is on the right side at the opening of my throat. I do have a Doctor s appointment Friday morning for something else and will ask her about this. In the meantime, though, any ideas what this might be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012