Sebaceous cysts removed from scalp. Itching, pain, bump on scalp. Temporary relief with emollient cream. Reason?

I had a few sebaceous cysts removed from my scalp a few years ago. The larger of the three that he removed was about as big as a large pea. Unfortunately I don't think he removed the entire thing. For the past two or three years I have experienced an unbearable itchiness on my scalp. Now there is a red slightly painful part of it and there is also a little bump that is also a bit itchy. It feels as though the itchiness has spread below the skin of the scalp on about 1/4 of my right side of my head. A dermatologist suggested I put an ointment on it. Prednicarbate Emollient Cream, that just temporarily relieves the itchiness. I'm not sure what is the problem. But it's getting unbearable and I also experience head-aches (might be menapausal) and a brain fog.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013