Right side of head near ear feels numb, intermittent popping, constant pain. What could be causing this?

im am 37 years old and the right side of my head near my ear feels numb. first it just felt numb, but now im in pain and its a constant pain. it usually switches on and off , and it occurs all day and night. also the area of my head that is numb also burns and gets cold . what could be the reason for this issue i am suffering. its been going on for quite sometime and i have had no solution regardless asking the doctors. This then causes me to fall in a depression and it makes me emotionally unstable as i cry all day and night. i need your advice please! thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012