Right eye twitching, itchy eye lid, thick feeling in eye, white bumps on edges, tender eyeball, discoloration in eye. herpes in butt. Related?

My right eye has had issues on and off for a couple of years. Right now it is twitching, which makes me think a nerve. What really bothers me is the upper lid itches and then there is a thick feeling in the eye, like i need to wipe it. In the morning it may or may not be sticky or sandy. In the am the lid seems swollen and a bit droopy, not in a major way. Also there are little white bumps on the very edge of the lid, one on the upper, one on the lower. And, at times the eyeball seems tender to the touch. I ve stopped wearing contacts. Now have daily wears, but don t use them. There can be some discoloration, like greyish, in the eye along the bottom from time to time. ONE MORE THING: I have found out that i might have shingles or herpes on my butt where a nerve runs. This has been recurring so the thought is herpes. Could this have any bearing to my eye? I am 61, if it matters :) My email: YYYY@YYYY THANK YOU FOR ANY THOUGHTS.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012