Restless legs. Taking Gabapentin. Has painful gums. Is it caused by the medicine?

Hi, I m currently taking 300mg of Gabapentin for restless legs syndrome . I have been on this medication for 4 months. This has coincided with developing painful gums. There is no visible inflammation of my gums - just discomfort. Could the gabapentin be the cause of this discomfort? If there is a relationship between the two, would this be reversed if I stopped taking it? Are there long term consequences of continuing on this drug? With thanks! Denny
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013