Repeated urine infections, regular episodes of high temperature, continuously on antibiotics. Positive dipstick for blood, protein and ketones, ultrasound showed duplex kidney. What should be the further course of treatment?

My daughter possibly has a duplex kidney , she has repeated suspected urine infections, she has regular episodes of temperatures of between 40 and 41. At my GP she tests positive on dipstick, for blood, protien and ketones . I had a referral and she has had an ultra sound scan which suggests a duplex kidney, she is being sent for an x-ray where she will be injected with a dye and then x-rayed while she wees on demand. The doctor thinks that this will be unsuccessful as he thinks she won t do it. We would like to know if there is another way of diagnosing and if she does have this what is the treatment. As she is cureently ill every 10-14 days and has a cousre of antibiotics every time which we feel is not good for her. Should we be sent to a kidney specialist?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012