Reoccuring pain in the upper stomach, not gas or heart burn. What could this be?

I am a 23 old male who quit smoking cigarettes about two months ago and drink alcohol only really on the weekends. I have a re-occuring pain in my upper stomach/sternum area and it feels like I have been punched in the stomach. It does not see to help to go to the bathroom or take pepto bismol or tums. It does not seem like gas or heartburn , and it happens randomly, not after a meal often so it doesnt seem like indigestion. I realize I need to see my doctor but is there any tests I can do at home or something I can do to help the pain?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  70 Awaiting Answer