Removal of gall bladder. Can the wound dressings be changed?

hi, I had my gall bladder removed on tues 26 june and was discharged on thurs 28 june. I did not received any advice on the removal or changing of my wound dressings. I have read that these need to be changed/removed afte 48 hours. I have my post op appointment on thurs 5th july but do not want to wait until then. Please can you advise if i need to change them or leave them. They were waterproof - was the only advice I received. Kind regards
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012