Remedies for skin infection

my sister having skin infection something called daad. is this treatble, she is 35 years it should be cured
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Dadru. There are various remedies in Ayurveda to cure skin fungal infections. Fungal infections are very common skin disorders with itching and burning skin. Garlic, Turmeric, neem,Chakramard, Basil, Mint, Camphor, may be helpful foryou
Some of ayurvedic preparation available in market are
Kaishore Guggulu
Gandhak Rasayana
Triphala Powder

Homeopath Dr. Pratima Verma's  Response
Hi !
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
All the skin allegies are very well managed by homoeopathy but what it needs is thorough case taking. The ointments and the antibiotics will give only temprory relief and will relapse again in more vigrous form. Its my sincere suggestion to follow Homoeopathy.

Thanks and take care
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Vivek Goswami's  Response
1. Gandhak Rasayan 250mg + Giloya Satva 500 mg mix both medicines and take twice a day empty stomach with honey.
2.Maha Manjisthadyarista 20 ml + 20 ml water +Arogya-vardhini Vati 2 tab twice a day after meal.
3. Apply Maha Marichyadi Tail twice a day.
Avoid sour things and take low salt diet.
Problem mentioned by you is Rakt Vikar according to Ayurveda. These all medicines are blood purifier.
Wish you a good health.
Dr Vivek Goswami
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Greetings from health care magic
The problem of dad or ringworm can be well treated with homeopathic treatment. Yes this can appear at any area and is very itchy. It should be cured internally by medication is healthy for the future. Otherwise any supression of skin disease can cause asthmatic or allergic complain in future if they are supressed.
Thank you
contact at
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
daad is what we call ringworm .It is very itchy &has circular pattern of rash.It is a type of fungal infection ;she can apply Lobate-GM ointment on it & it will reduce ;if you let me know where are you writing from i may tell you some appropriate medicine.please mention her age also.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
the way you have added detail in your supplimentary detail it appears as if she is suffering from psoriasis. white flakes of dead skin take off and leave the skin red beneath. It calls for regular treatment and balanced diet. locally she can apply dermafex oil. internal medicine can be suggested on confirmation of diagnosis.
Homeopath Dr. Preeti Balwani's  Response
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic forum
Any kind of skin infection should be properly observed and then treated by a doctor
. Ask your sister not to use any external medicated oinments as it will give only temporary relief and supress it for time being.
I would strongly suggest for a homoeopathic treatment. which can cure it.