Regular whooshing heart beats heard in both ears, lightheadedness. Taking thyroxine. Any ideas?

Hi. I ve been having very regular whooshing heartbeat sounds in both my ears for many many months. It always makes me very lightheaded too. It is happening more and more regularly now after standing up. I cannot lay on my tummy either when sleeping as this makes it unbearable and constant. I have an under active thyroid which I take thyroxine for 150mcg daily. The whooshing is like a loud pulse of my heartbeat and is an unpleasant sensation these days. Has anyone any ideas please? Many thanks
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012