Regular period flow followed by dark brown spotting. Bleeding post intercourse. Cause?

I am 40 years old. For about 2-3 months I have been having a regular period for about 5 days, then dark red to dark brown spotting occurs after 2 days. Just this past month of the same menstrual pattern as explained, 4 days later following my period, me and my fiance had sex and it caused some bleeding . The heavy bleeding stopped immediately after cleansing, however the dark brown spotting occured 2 days laters and lasted for about another 2 days.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013