Regular calf cramps. Happens after exercise. Due to old injury that has not healed?

I am a regular sufferer of calf cramps ... almost all the time though it is in the left calf... it s been going on for two or more years.... but seems to get worse as time goes by. I am a regular runner and stretch regularly. Happens more often during exercise but even when i have not exercised in months I wake up with severe cramps again in left side... could I have torn a muscle. I am 25 year old female... I drink way more than enoguh fluids... a trainer told me to eat more salt i don t eat much salt but I feel back when i was a college xc runner i tore it and maybe it never fully healed?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012