What is serum creatin phopsphokinase and serum electrolytes levels and what test should I take to test these levels?

Hi is it possible for you to tell me what Ss CPK levels are, Sr electrolyte and routine CBC are and how would one be tested for these. thanks
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: See below Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your question. Let me explain each of the tests in simpler terms: XXXXXXX CPK: serum creatin phopsphokinase. This is an enzyme that is located inside the muscle, both cardiac and skeletal muscles, like the ones in arms and legs. An elevated value indicates muscle breakdown or muscle injury. Sr electrolytes: serum electrolytes. Refers to the major "salts" and ions in our blood that are routinely measured: sodum, potassium, calcium, bicarbonate. CBC: complete blood count. Gives you the numerical results in blood of the 3 major cells, white blood cells (immune defense), red blood cells (oxygen carriers) and platelets (clotting cells). All of these tests can be obtained during a blood draw, and results should be available by the next day. Hope that is helpful, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology