Redness, leakage in eye. Suspecting conjunctivitis. Treatment?

Hello, I am a twenty year old male, and I do not wear contact lenses . For the past few weeks my left eye has been fairly red and has been leaking a clear liquid I constantly am having to wipe away. I went to my optomotrist and she said it was probably just pink eye, and should clear up in 10 days. However it s been about two weeks and it has not gotten any better. I have a feeling I have conjunctavitis, as I have many of the symptoms. I feel no pain in the eye, just discomfort when it is very watery. I wake up with my left eye being completely crusted closed. It is disgusting, could someone confirm or deny my suspicions? And what are the next steps I should take?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013