Redness and warmth near belly button, itchiness after laparoscopic hernia repair. Any idea?

On 1/29/12 I had a Robotic Assist Prostatectomy . That procedure caused an Umbilical Hernia . On 6/6/12 I had a Laparoscopic Hernia repair . Within 3 to 4 days I noticed some redness and warmth starting around a 2” belly button incision from the Prostatectomy, which had healed fine. The redness rapidly spread to cover an area about 13cm horizontally and 8cm vertically. 6/20/12 Personal Physician thought it was infection, prescribed antibiotics. 6/20/12 Contacted Surgeon by phone. Continued on Antibiotics until office visit on 6/26/12. No change with antibiotics, Surgeon and PA prescribed Hydrocortisone ointment until phone consult on 6/29/12. No effect noticed I was instructed to stop Hydrocortisone and use ice. 7/3/12 Visit to surgeon, still cause is unknown and I am on 600mg Ibuprofen 3X day for 10 days. The red area has a contagious but sporadic pattern with the belly button incision area at the center. At the center it is deep deep red and warm, the rest of the area is slightly itchy and red. It is a lighter shade of red in the morning and darkens throughout the day. Any idea what is going on.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012