Redness and swelling in eye. Seeing floaters. What is wrong with eye?

The left corner of my eye has been red and swelling every morning right after I get up, for the past few months. The red goes away after I used eye drops. The eye seems fine during the day, althought it feels a bit of scratchy and irritated. The my eye gets red again the next morning, so the cycle starts all over again. I used ipad heavily. My eye problem seems to have started sometime after I got my ipad. Then I stated seeing floaters right around the corner of my left eye. My question is, 1. What is wrong with my eye? 2. Is there a treatment for it? 3. What kind of eye doctor I should see? 4. Any home treatment I can try first? Thanks. Jean
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013