Red spot on the cheeks, rosacea. Recommended laser surgery with breaking vessels. What can these spots be, advise?

I have a red, well more like brick red spot on my cheek I have had all my life. I was told it was Rosacea , but everything I read says Rosacea includes red acne-like and burning bumps, but I have never had that. What is this spot? I was once told, about 10 years ago that I would need laser surgery to remove it. Something about breaking up blood vessels, I think. It has never really bothered me before, but as I get older, I feel more and more like I might want it gone. Any advice or suggestions? Thank you for your time,
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012