Red bump on lips that is growing, has pus, causes occasional numbness. Was bitten on the lip. Cause?

um hi. i have a red bump on my lip. halfway on my lip haflway of. it wasnt a bump just hurt. but now its pretty large and started to hurt pretty bad. i thought it might be a pimple so i triedd to pop it.. puss came out a bit, but .. it just made it more irritated. so i cleaned it with facewash and now i am trying to leave it alone. its kindof numb feeling but still hurts, and is sstill swollen. i got my lip bitten by my boyfriend..could this cause it? or is it just a cold sore?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013