Recurring swelling in face. Treated with IV steroids, antihistamines. Permanent cure?

Hi My Mother has been having numerous swellings on her face it affects the eyes cheeks and mouth normally coming up overnight this has happened around 30 times over the last 4 months most resulting in hospital admissions and treat with I.V.steroids and antihistamines they used to fetch majority of swellings down within a day however this time has not and swellings seems worse she is hospital at the minute and doctors are baffled
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013