Recurring sensation of warmth on abdomen, heartburn after started taking birth control pills. Cause?

I have a sensation of warmth on my left abdomen right below my ribcage that comes and goes several times a day. The is no pain whatsoever, just an odd warmth. This has been happening for about 2-3 months now, right around the time I started taking the birth control pill , Trivora. I also have heartburn much more frequently than usual. The only time previously that I have had such frequent heartburn is in third trimester of pregnancy. Wondering if it could be hormones or a stomach problem that I should have checked out.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013