Recurring infection in eczema. Prescribed antibiotics. Son also having mixed growth of staph. Matter of concern?

my partner has been suffering from recurring infection in his exzcema over the past year or so and has been seeing a dermatologist . Following nasal swabs and skin scraping it was conmfirmed that the nasal swab was positive for a staph infection and the skin scraping confirmed infection. He was prescribed antibiotics for his skin infection and bactroban to apply to his nose for the staph infection. Further nasal swabs came back clear but his skin is keep re-infecting. At his last appointment with the dermatologist, it was suggested it might be a good idea to have the whole family nasal swabbed incase one of us was a carrier which was keep re-infecting my partner?? We got the results of our nasal swabs back today and myself and 2 daughters were all clear but my 13 year old son came back with a mixed growth of staph for which a prescription for antibiotics has been made for him. Should I be worried about this and will this be followed up by the gp??? What exactly does it mean??
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013