Recurring herpes in genital area post oral sex, prescribed Acivir, both had taken Immunoplex. What could be the permanent remedy?

My partner takes khaini (tobacco) and also drinks thrice week. Recently he developed mouth ulcer in June 12 and presumed it is only mouth ulcer which automatically subsided after a month s time without any medication . But during the infected period he had oral sex in my genital area. Consequently within a week s time I got herpes in my genital area (both of us blood reports also showed positive for HSV1 & HSV2).My gynaecologist suggested me Acivir 200mg thrice for 5 days and aciclovir cream for ext application.I got cured in 15 days time but the hell I went through that time of infection was tremendous. Later my doctor advised me penvir 250mg twice daily for a 7 days and Immunoplex once daily for 2 months for both me and my partner. We both took the tablets without fail. But immediately after Immunoplex exhausted and when we both had oral sex, now again I am infected with the same herpes infection and I am going through hell. Now I have consulted a dermatologist who has suggested me to take Acivir 400mg for 3 months.Does that mean I should be taking this medicine thoughout my life to stop its reoccurrence or stopping oral sex will also work.I am 38 yrs old female. Pl advice.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012