Recurring dizziness, numbness on one side of the body, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Tests showed elevated eosinophil levels. Is it due to elevation?

Three months ago went to ER twice with severe diarrhea and abdominal pain . They ruled out C Dif and infection in stool . My eosinophil level was 41 and 30. After second ER visit, hey put me on 10 days of predesone and everything went away. Since then had a upper GI which was normal and went to a allergist who found no allergies, although I do have several food intolerances. Retesting of blood showed my eosinophil level was down to 14. In looking back to other lab tests, my level was 10 in 2010 and 14 in 2011. My other history these past two years started with severe dizziness (unexplained) and then numbness on my entire left side of my body. After three trips to the ER with three different diagnosis, a neurologist put me on plavix as he thought I might be having small strokes although no tests showed that. At the time, one of the ER doctors thought I was having migraine headaches. I didn t think so then because I had no pain, but after recent two trips to the ER I had two migraine headaches with aura but still no pain and one eposide of numbness. Do you think my dizziness, numbness, diarrhea and abdominal pain could all be related and linked to the high eosinophil levels? I feel like I’m only treating symptoms these past two years without knowing the cause. I will be seeing my family doctor again in September. Any thoughts or comments about where to go from here?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for writing us
i think these symptoms may be related to one disorder i.e. hypereosinophilic syndrome
for that u need to consult a haematologist
eosinophilic vasculitis may cause numbness, dizziness
u need to have bone marrow aspiration and biopsy done to exclude eosinophilic leukaemia and required immunohistochemistry
churg strauss syndrome may be another possibility but it will be more probable if there is asthma symptoms along with ur symptoms
u should have also a blood p-ANCA level
i think u will get answer by all these
thank you
Dr. Arnab Maji