Recovering alcoholic, have alcoholic neuropathy. Is there a medical conflict between neuropathy and knee replacement?

My Dad is a recovering alcoholic (sober: 5mos). He quit drinking after a diagnosis of alcoholic neuropathy. That has been improving each month during sobriety. Now he would like to get his knee replaced. Is there a medical conflict at all to neuropathy and a knee replacement? Secondly, will his rehab be more difficult this time around because he has some neuropathy? Extra info: he can walk on his own, albeit carefully.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012