What is the cure for internal shaking or muscle movements?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i am having internal shaking or muscle movements like feeling for 2 months. What should i do to reduce them?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need to find cause of tremors by investigation Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case You may need to find cause of tremors [internal shakes]; you may need clinical examination and blood investigation. These symptoms can be due to intake of drugs like metaclopromide, lithium etc, so are you taking any medication? For diagnosing metabolic disorder blood investigation like thyroid profile, blood sugar level, parathyroid level,sr calcium, vit D. Alcohol withdraw may lead to tremors so do have history of alcohol intake. After finding the cause of tremor ,medication can be started accordingly. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What is the cure for internal shaking or muscle movements? 4 minutes later
Hi, I am not on any medications. I have undergone a blood test. My thyroid and blood sugar is normal. I have vitamin d and b12 deficiency. Can this cause internal shakes? I am not even into excessive alcoholism except occasional drinking.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 9 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need further examination Detailed Answer: Hello again Thats good that your thyroid and blood sugar are normal. As you have B12 and vit D deficiency start there supplement. These deficiency leads to weakness not exactly tremors,so you may need to get clinical examination for pattern of tremors and investigation accordingly. Mercury poisoning also leads to tremors ,do you have any exposure to mercury or heavy metal ? Electromyogram may help in diagnosing specific muscle involvement. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What is the cure for internal shaking or muscle movements? 8 hours later
Who is the best doctor to visit for these shivers? Should i consult a physician or neurologist? What will be the side effects of leaving tremors untreated?Is their any medication for just tremors?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult neurologist Detailed Answer: Hello again, You should consult neurologist if not available then you can consult physician. Tremors may increase if cause is not treated,yes there are many medication to control tremors. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.