Rapid heart rate. Feeling hazy, fuzzy. Occassional chestpains. Serious?

Curious about a rapid heart rate issue lately. The other night I was sitting on the couch for about thirty minutes waiting for my heart to slow down, it felt like it was going to explode out of my chest . After 30 minutes I checked my pulse and it was almost 180. I have been feeling a bit hazy and fuzzy lately also and occasional pains in the middle of my chest. I am a 46 yr old woman, 5 4 about 130lbs. This has been going on for a few weeks. I am not sure how seriously to take this. What could potentially cause this?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013