Quit smoking. Had gained weight. Taking prilosec for years. Getting regular burps. Possible cause?

I stopped smoking this past August. I have gained 19 pounds so far...I hope no more as I was overweight to begin with. I have been taking prilosec or acifex for the last 15 years. I also had an upper endoscopy last spring. My question is this. For the last two weeks I have noticed that when I turn over in bed or get up to use the bathroom, I burp. I have never been a burpy person...normal stuff, after eating sometimes or after drinking a soda . What is causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013