Protrusion on inside of belly button and fever. Normal CT scan. Taking Phenergan. Related to appendicitis?

I went to the ER on Thursday with fever, vomiting , diarrhea and painful navel. My wbc was 19k. They did CT of the abdomen with and without contrast, which showed enlargement of my appendix, but no air-fluid levels or signs of rupture or abscess . Essentially they said my CT was normal. They prescribed Phenergan and sent me on my way. Now two days later my belly button has a small round protrusion on the inside of my belly button. It is in the very center. I normally have an inny . In addition, the area directly behind my belly button is very hard. I continue to run a mild fever, but have not been vomiting. My question is....could the changes to my belly button be related to appendicitis or is it completely separate?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012