Prolonged swelling, tenderness at the nape of the neck, no fever. Did not have any injury. What could be the cause?

The back of my head, at the nape of my neck is tender to the touch and swollen. It appeared about a week ago and is still present. I know that I have not bumped my first I thought that maybe my sunglasses were too tight, but I haven t worn them in four to five days. I do not have a fever . I have not been feeling sick. I m not sure where this nodule came from and I am beginning to worry. Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012