Prescribed with Macgest . Not pregnant. Will I get periods upon stopping the medication?

hai,I was suggested by the doctor to take Macgest 200 from the 17th day of my periods twice daily orally .Today is my 31st day but I have got negative result in the pregnancy strip test. Will I get my periods when I stop taking this tablet ?Will this tablet acts as a barrier in getting periods? But my doctor asked me to continue this tablet till 40th day. Is there a possibility of a positive result after this? Should I continue this tablet ? Please answer me. Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013