Prescribed to use obimet SR. Why am I getting pus filled boils?

Good Evening Doctor, I have been prescribed to use Obimet SR 500mg. I have no idea for what it is prescribed. I have approached Doctor as I have been getting Pus filled boils down my waist line and between thighs. And the Doctor have not seen them but prescribed the Same.... He advised me to take a tab each day during night after meals. Is it antibiotic or pain killer? If not then how is it related in my case... Thank You in advance for responding.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012